Frequency Conversion For Galaxy DX 2547 – Channel Mods
Before you start, make sure the radio isn’t connected to a power source!
This is a 4 position rotary switch conversion Reference Picture Below
1. Remove the radio covers, all knobs, and front bezel.
2. Remove the headphone jack from the front panel and leave wired.
3. Heat shrink headphone jack and secure to inside of chassis with double sided mounting foam. (See Figure 2)
4. Turn the shaft of the rotary switch to position 2.
5. Mount the switch in the hole for the headphone jack and position the flat side of the shaft toward the bottom of the radio.
6. Wire according to the schematic below (See Figure 1) and reassemble the radio.